I got to sit in a storage bin of dried decorative corn on Friday for two hours, while I listened to speakers with vision for downtown Los Angeles. I wrote up the evening for blogging.la, and I said, in my entry there, that it gave me hope. Hope that someday, there will be parts of downtown Los Angeles that are like the seawall in Vancouver, or like Gasworks Park in Seattle. I believe that everyone should live someplace as pretty as Victoria, British Columbia – even if it means making the rest of the world a city of gardens, piece by piece and place by place. And that especially goes for all of L.A.
- art vs craft
- Yay, winter solstice!
- The author my son and husband BOTH dislike
- top eight things I really want to discuss at the expat party
- the nightmare before christmas, live in brooklyn!
- cutting back on caffeine IS KILLING ME
- simulated caffeine withdrawal
- and us remains impossible
- oh hey, it’s the 90s
- NYC is about being Younger